Why Go With The Plasma Pen?
Infinite Youth’s highly trained and certified Plasma Pen technicians use the Plasma Pen to tighten, lift, resurface, and regenerate practically any area of your skin.
The nitrogen plasma energy we create, with the Plasma Pen, transfers rapidly to the skins epidermal layer while, simultaneously disrupting and heating the deeper dermal structure via what’s known as a thermal conduction. In the process of this, we intentionally create two zones of micro-trauma which is made up of 1) a superficial zone of outer thermal micro-damage to the epidermis and then 2) a deeper zone of inner thermal modification within the dermis. This is where we especially target what’s known as fibroblasts. That’s why we often call the treatment “fibroblasting”.
We use the world’s most advanced nitrogen plasma device. The unwavering expert feedback is that our nitrogen plasma system, which includes perhaps the most validate, tested, and endorsed plasma pen on the market, is vastly superior to anything else available. Thanks to its stunning innovations, ingenious design features, extended treatment capabilities, multi-layered, ongoing support and service, dedicated infrastructure and a raft of major advances and value adds which are simply not available elsewhere, you’re sure to get the one and only Plasma Pen treatments.
There IS downtime. “Downtime” is very subjective. What you think “looks bad” and/or is “uncomfortable” can be very different from someone else’s perception. If you are comparing it to cosmetic surgery, then no, the downtime is minimal. If you are comparing it to a light chemical peel where no one can tell you did anything and you are just a bit flaky everywhere, then no.
- Redness, swelling and scabbing in the treatment area
- Average of 8 days downtime on the face and neck areas
- Average of 10 to 14 days on the body, depending on the area being treated and the intensity of the treatment
- Swelling usually begins the day following your treatment, and peaks around day 3
- After day 3, swelling subsides and scabs form.
- Scabs normally begin to fall off around day 6 and 7 (for face and neck)
Aftercare following a Plasma Pen treatment is very straightforward. Please heed all warnings your technician will brief you on for a more successful and safe treatment outcome.
Our Technicians are trained in exceptional detail and all the latest best practice.
Complications with the Plasma Pen are very, very rare and few clients ever experience any. The Plasma Pen delivers compressed downtimes, high velocity recovery, and superior results. Any rare complications and/or effects will not be caused by the Plasma Pen (and very unlikely by the technician either). Rare complications are usually more likely because of an existing contraindication or medical issue that was not revealed prior to treatment and/or because a client fails to comply with their aftercare management plan. Deferred/avoided aftercare and/or aftercare with incorrect products are typically the identifying culprits where a negative outcome of any kind occurs.
Aftercare is important to a successful outcome and will be discussed with you before and after your treatment. Please read all printed information provided by your technician who will follow-up with you regularly for post-treatment consultations.
Here are some additional recommendations, top tips, best practices and advice to consider in your own personal aftercare regime:
- Do not pick any formation of brown/black crusts on the skin surface which will occur. These crusts/scabs will fall off in a few days and are part of the healing process
- You can resume activities immediately following Plasma Pen treatment but may not look your complete best during the healing process (usually 3 to 7 days)
- Occasional weeping will settle
- You may want to sleep on your back to avoid contact of your face on your pillow if you’ve had a facial treatment
- Use lukewarm boiled water and do not use any alcohol based cleansers to keep treatment areas clean
- Treated areas must not be covered with plasters, occlusive dressings, or any type of make-up, mascara, creams or any other product until the area has fully healed (except specific products we recommend and which are available both from us/your technician)
- Mild swelling may occur – especially with treatments around the eyes and periorbital regions. Normal swelling is for 1 to 5 days post-treatment, but is usually expected to be of a very minor nature. Compared to other devices and similar treatments, Plasma Pen is frequently shown to be superior in downtime and healing
- Aloe vera may be applied up to three times per day to keep your scabs/crusts moist. This will help speed the healing process an also act as an anti-itch agent
- Taking Vitamin C, anti-histamine, or anti-inflammatory medication can help support a more rapid and/or comfortable treatment recovery
- Depending on treatment location, the treatment may be moderately uncomfortable and sensitive. Eyelid procedures and other locations where the skin is at its thinnest are typically areas with more discomfort
- Look to use an aloe vera mask after any kind of facial treatment (especially around the eyes).
- Topical anti-oxidants, such as a Vitamin C serum, help fight sun damage. Hyperpigmentation can help be prevented by the use of citrus juice, aloe vera, and soy
- Please avoid smoking post treatment for maximum results
- Avoid shaving over area of treatment until the skin has fully healed. This is especially important for men
- Factor 50 sunscreen must be used when in contact with the sun for at least 12 weeks post treatment. Sunbeds and sunbathing should also be avoided
- Speak with your technicians about a tinted aftercare product to use to safely camouflage treated areas. Oily skinned clients are recommended to use this to promote their recovery period further
- Infections are highly unlikely due to the treatment not having open wounds. However, with style of skin treatment, we cannot control what you do when you leave. You need to be aware that the first twelve hours post treatment is the period of greatest risk for infections, so please avoid activities that could put you at risk!
- We recommend waiting to exercise straight after a treatment. Heat, steam, and/or sweat can all add to inflammation that may be present